East Asian Studies News
- Christopher Tong receives Postdoctoral Researcher position at Washington University!
- See our new JOB SEARCH tool!
- EAS has teamed with the Internship and Career Center to bring you the new Job Widget!
- FREE Taichi !
- Free Taichi classes for everyone!
- Caligraphy Club a big success!
- 2014 (Winter Quarter) UC Davis Chinese Calligraphy... This quarter, a Department of Chinese tutor established a new group called Calligraphy Club. Our goals are making activities for students who are taking Chinese classes and promote Chinese culture on UCD campus. For Chinese calligraphy, we had 12 meetings in six weeks and had taught totally 94 person-times. Most of them were from Chinese language classes. By the end of this quarter, we have finished our teaching tasks from using tools like Chinese brushes to writing basic Chinese characters. In addition, we created a public page on Facebook called UC Davis Calligraphy Club, and currently we have 30 members. (Next page is the syllabus) This activity is sponsored by East Asian Language and Culture Studies and helped by the Confucius Institute as well. We would like to thanks for all your support and help. Next quarter, we will change our schedules and continue our meetings. Hopefully we could have more meetings in a week and organize more activities, such as calligraphy shows in the future. Yanan Hu March 19, 2014
- Li Zhang elected President of the Society of East Asian Anthropology!
- Congratulations to Professor Li Zhang! Professor Zhang, a specialist in Chinese anthropology, has been elected President of the Society of East Asian Anthropology.
- Green Book Festival Winner
- EAS Fred Schodt talk makes DHI news!
- East Asian Studies guest speaker, Frederik Schodt, delivers fascinating talk!
- EAS Tea event was a BIG SUCCESS!!!
- With 100s in attendance and coverage by local media, our Art of TEA event last November was a huge success! Look for more soon...
- The Art of Tea
- Event information for the Art of Tea colloquium and tasting in Oct. 2013