First Year Students, Congratulations on your admission to UC Davis and Welcome to the East Asian Studies Major! To help you prepare for a great first year, we have planned a comprehensive UC Davis Orientation experience in three parts: Aggie 101, Aggie Advising, and Aggie Orientation!
TO GET STARTED, HERE ARE YOUR STEPS TO SUCCESS:
3) Once you meet with the College of Letters and Science Advisors to plan out your first quarter at UC Davis, we have provided some recommendations below to further assist you!
- Find 2-3 non-major courses that you would be interested in taking in Fall 2020 alongside your major coursework.
- Click on this diagram to help you identify courses of interest outside of your major.
- Remember to check prerequisites to make sure you’re eligible for the course.
- Review the resources for new students from the College of Letters and Science. Our Advising Center will assist you with your major requirements and the College will assist you with your general education and college/university requirements. Throughout your career at UC Davis, you will work with both of these offices for academic advising. We always encourage you to check in with the College of Letters and Science Undergraduate Education and Advising Office regarding requirements outside of the major: http://ls.ucdavis.edu/advising .
REGISTERING FOR COURSES
After you’ve planned out your first quarter and met with an advisor, you should have everything you need to register for classes. All students will register for courses using Schedule Builder during their assigned pass time. Before you register, you can begin searching and saving courses to start building your schedule. Add classes and use the “Calendar View” to see your daily/weekly/monthly schedule at a glance. Save multiple schedules and compare to find the best fit. Be sure to read the “Important Details” to view course notes, descriptions, prerequisites, and much more. Watch this video to learn more about Schedule Builder.
We’ve included some resources to help you choose your courses for Fall Quarter 2020.
- First Year Guide
- General Catalog Tutorial
- Office of Registrar Tutorial
- East Asian Studies Website Tutorial
BEST PRACTICES AND TIPS