2nd Year Students (Winter Quarter)
Second-year students (second year students are those that started at UC Davis their first year, this does not include transfer students) are required to meet with an advisor once during their year. 2nd year students will be receiving holds in Winter Quarter. Once you see this hold on your account via Schedule Builder and OASIS, you will need to following the next steps:
1. Consider these questions:
- What are you goals for your next year?
- What would you like to explore that you haven’t been able to do yet? For example, internships, research, study aboard, minors etc.
- Do you have an updated resume?
2. Schedule an Advising Appointment with a ECN, HIS or EAS advisor if you have a mandatory advising hold with your primary major (Economics, History or East Asian Studies will be listed as your first major on OASIS)
3. Once you meet with one of our advisors during an appointment, please wait up to 2 business weeks for your hold to be released.
1st Year Junior Transfer Students (Spring Quarter)
First-year Junior Transfer students are required to meet with an advisor once during their year. Transfer students will be receiving holds in Spring Quarter. Once you see this hold on your account via Schedule Builder and OASIS, you will need to following the next steps:
To remove your hold, please following these steps:
4th Year Students (Fall Quarter)
Seniors students are required to meet with an advisor once during their year. You will be receiving this hold with your primary major during Fall Quarter. The goals of mandatory advising for graduating students are to plan for your transition out of college and finalize your next steps towards your professional goals. Once you see this hold on your account via Schedule Builder and OASIS, you will need to following the next steps:
You will need to complete a short survey on your post-graduation preparations in order to get your hold removed in a timely manner.
MANDATORY: Complete the short survey here
- The survey is meant to help you focus on post-graduation and professional goals, as well as refer you to campus resources that may help in your transition out of college. It will take approximately 5 minutes to complete, and is provided to help you reflect on your next steps once you graduate from UC Davis.
RECOMMENDED: Submit an Academic Plan to your major advisor
- It is strongly recommended to complete an Academic Plan on OASIS and submit it to your major advisor. The purpose of this is to ensure you are on track to complete the major requirements by the end of the academic year. If you choose to submit a plan, we will provide feedback on your scheduled course selection for the year. Please see the attached tutorial in how to submit your academic plan, and name the Academic Plan “Graduation Plan 2020-2021”.
After the survey has been submitted, the academic advisors will review it and submit the request to release your hold with 1-2 weeks.
Academic Advising Syllabus
Questions: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org